Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Landrover a week ago. Had it checked out and all fluids changed. All OK. Now I have the fever to add some toy's( or junk as my lovely wife would say).
My 96 Landrover has the added steel bumper with holes for additional lights. I plan to add the lights and wonder if anyone can recommend a quality pkg that would contain lights and necessary switches.
I'm also contemplating a winch. Would a 2000lb electric get me out of a tight spot or would a 4000 or 6000 be better?
I would like to add a hitch receiver to the front so I could mount the winch front or back as needed. Are there problems with mounting a winch this way?
Is there a preferred brand of winch, or a brand I should avoid?

The winch is a long term project as I do not have the necessary skills for off road driving.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Ed

· Registered
21 Posts
Rally 4000 Xenons here.............. :buttrock:

Had a Warn 9500 on my Lifted Jeep and it worked great. Don't skimp on a winch, you get what you pay for. Mile Markers suck...... Hva eseen them fail quite a few times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.