Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, turns out this place was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Some open space!, mud!, compacted sand and even exposed limestone!!! It only an rec. run so I didnt spend much time in any one place. I learned alot about my driving skills today and what needs to be done to me truck to make it really agile! Good Day today :cool: ........

and after I have my MTs, this is what awaits me...

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not in that specific area, maybe like 100 yards south, there was a Canal, so I'm sure there were some around. This area looks bare, but must be one hell of a joy ride after a nice summer downpoor. I managed to scratch/dent the muffler aft of the cats, and banged the rear, left traveling arm mount on the exposed limestone. I definately need some more ground clearance!

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lee, yep, this is a "local" spot. If you've ever been down here, chances are you were on Bird Road (40 ST) at SOME point. Well, these spots are found at the VERY end of Bird Road after it takes a slight curve south and becomes 42 ST. Its about 160-something AVE.

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
that place doesnt look bad at all, especialy for a local spot.

by the way, what happened to you bumper?

·
Registered
176 Posts
01001010 said:
Lee, yep, this is a "local" spot. If you've ever been down here, chances are you were on Bird Road (40 ST) at SOME point. Well, these spots are found at the VERY end of Bird Road after it takes a slight curve south and becomes 42 ST. Its about 160-something AVE.

Nope haven't been down that way, but always on the lookout for places to wheel :) I'm notorious for jumping in the truck and getting stuck out somewhere on a weeknight! LOL

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys, I went back today with a buddy of mine whos thinkin about buyin a Rover, and after today he was convinced! On the way out, we came across some guys who SOMEHOW manages to get across the really wet deep stuff and got stuck out in the middle of the dry deep stuff...I didnt even bother takin the truck in. Luckily, they were paintballin so it was about 12 guys...we tried a bunch of stuff but as I tied my recovery strap to their front axle (their truck didnt have recovery points), one of the guys said, with the strap in his hands, ... "BRO, between all of us, we can pull this thing out!" and thats EXACTLY what we did! We PULLED it out! I didnt get any pics but my buddy Billy has a video he took with his Cell. As soon as he figures out how to upload and send it, I'll post it for you guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.