Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out.. new US based Land Rover mag coming Jan '06.

www.lrlmag.com

Based on what I read, it will appeal to a different crowd I think.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ibjettin said:
Man, it does make me want to eep the Disco and take it out... hmmmm
That's ok.. you can read these fine magazines after you get your Volvo:

"Structural Safety Digest"
"More Children"
"Child Seat Monthly"
"Soccer Mom"
"Manhood: MIA"

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Yeah, I heard about this mag about 6 months ago. I shrugged it off thinking it was just another mag that would ignore the people like us who keep the mystic and heritage of LR going. But from what I hear now, it might be a good one after all.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Serg said:
That's ok.. you can read these fine magazines after you get your Volvo:

"Structural Safety Digest"
"More Children"
"Child Seat Monthly"
"Soccer Mom"
"Manhood: MIA"

:lol: :lol:
:drink1: This coming from a guy who checks out old computers on Ebay...

About the Volvo... Having a 2.3-liter inline-five with high-pressure turbocharging mustering 247 horsepower through a five-speed manual gearbox...

For some reason driving this wagon won't be much of a Penis Shrinker :rolleyes:

Again, the Disco is not sold yet... rovertym bumper & sliders... more lift... tires...??? :shifty:

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Serg said:
Check this out.. new US based Land Rover mag coming Jan '06.

When I opened the last edition of the Rovers North Newsletter and the LR Lifestyle survey fell out, I read it with some skepticism. It was hard for me to believe that Mark Letorney had fallen victim to the soft core corporate idealists, whose most often used tool in their tool box was a fingernail file. The questions on the survey gave me a queasy sence that we were about to see another manufacturer supported coffee table mag, much like the one sent out by LR to purchasers of Land Rovers (seems the subscriptions run out with the warranty) That hard spine, semihardcover quaterly has only slightly more to do with Land Rovers, than Conde Nast does to camping.

I groan each year when my LRE subscription comes due, briefly considering what 'hardgoods' I could be buying with the same currency, but I have bought the rag since issue one, and have yet to find it lacking in the broadest appeal, to both the armchair offroader, and blood & guts enthusiast.
I will also admit to getting a few other Brit publications, but unlike those who seem to be writen for (and by) the pinky pointers, The Land Rover mags out of the motherland have a pretty good handle on what the readers are after. We heathen ex-pats, colonialists and otherwised unrefined readers have something in common afterall with a particular group back home, and it's unfortunate that we have to pay more for the postage than the actual magazine.

If LR Lifestyle is going to grab me by the cajones, right from the start, they had better be reading my survey (Yes, I sent it in !) I like a good cigar and a couple fingers of single malt as much as (well, actually alot more) than the next guy, but I don't want them reviewed in my car magazine

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah.. the word "Lifestyle" has me worried.. Terry, that is how I learned of it as well... that insert fell out of the RN mailer.. The new LRL mag does sound like a coffee table mag... aimed at the new Range Rover Sport types.. but hey, more power to em! The more people that like LR's the more the company makes, the better off we are as they progress.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
hopefully they have a good offroad and accesories section..looks sweet can't wait..

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Doesnt look too "Enthusiast Based".A bit too glossy and designed for the new "Ford family" members with more money than Brains.Dont get me wrong... I would have a RRS ina NY minute but wouldnt want to be associated with the crowd that currently owns one.Sorry for how that sounds but Its honest. In about 7-10 years when they become realisticaly priced and the rest of us pick them up cheap and tool them up properly and use them how they are ment to only then would I support a mag that embodies that "Life style". However.... i suppose any mag that propels Land Rover forward is somewhat worthy. Maybe. I'll pick up a copy in a while when it's avail a make my decisiion then.......... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.