Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a history of purchasing the last model year of a vehicle when it is being discontinued and a new design is being released ('12 Chevy Silverado and '14 Ford F150). The theory being (1) most of the kinks have been worked out, (2) new model means new problems, and (3) mostly because of the significant price cut from dealers trying to clear out "old" style inventory. I currently own a '14 Ford F150 King Ranch and '04 Land Rover Discovery II but I'm pretty much in love with the newer LR4's. There's something about that boxy stair-stepped roof safari-look of the Discovery/LR3/LR4 that I love.

So my conundrum right now is (1) should I trade in both my F150 and the Discovery and get a lightly used '15 LR4 or (2) wait a year until the 2017 Discovery is being released and the dealerships start cutting prices on the 2016 LR4 inventory?

In your past experience, how much would Land Rover likely start discounting the LR4's to try in get rid of them? I'm seeing online they seem to be $60-68K range new.... where do you think they end up in a year?

To add to the mix, I'm dead set on replicating my Discovery II look and going with the Aintree Green exterior with Almond interior. I believe they've stopped making majority of the '16 year in Green which makes it harder to find and I might have to go with a '15 anyways.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
We almost bought a new disco yesterday. I had read on another forum that there were issues with AC getting cool air to the 3rd row. I tested this theory in 92F Atlanta heat. It was an oven back there & I won't do that to my son. You can get a better setup with the Lux package, but IMO the AC should just work. One of my favorite features on my LR4 is the ice cold AC.

Anyway, we bailed & wound up getting another LR4. Now we have his & hers. Let the battles begin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.