Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a 2003 Disco and I am from Chicago and it has 102k miles.

Took it out for the first time offroad today and I am pretty impressed with the suspension travel. Sure which I knew the 2003 didn't have lockers because that would have been helpful a few times today but it still did really well. Climbs over things MUCH better than a Jeep. Got lots of looks because at the offroad park today 90% of them were Jeeps.

Did manage to get in a bit of trouble today. Went down into a mud pit that I was told was 2 feet deep and well it wasn't.. Ended up swamping the engine and had to get pulled out which took a jeep, atv with winch, and a side by side. Once out it took a bit of turning over but the motor came to life again. Checked the oil and it looked fine. Air box did have some water in it but not full but the filter was dripping wet.

On the way home I only have about half the power that I should have but motor runs very smooth still at idle and low rpm's. Pretty sure I just have some fowled out spark plugs so it will be getting a fresh set in the morning.

I filled the head lamp with mud because who ever changed the bulb last forgot to put the cover back on. I put the headlamp in the oven for 8 minutes on 200F and was able to pull the lens off to clean the mud out.

I have read quite a few posts from this site and it has been very helpful so thank you everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some More Pics.

Another few inches the intake would be all the way under and the motor would be toast.

Also I put in 265/75/r16's and they did not rub at all. Pretty excited because I thought I would have to lift it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Never be the first one into a water hole of unknown depth. Let the Jeeps sacrifice themselves to the water Gods :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.