Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :smile I'm new to this web sight and i'm some what new to the land rover brand and currently on the market for a used land rover discovery series or a used range rover and basically i'm reaching out to any one who is willing to share some of their experiences, cost of maintenance, repair advice etc. So that way i know what i'm getting into i've heard numerous horror stories about land rover but i thought id get a second opinion so please feel free to message or comment to help me out

·
Registered
2005 Land Rover LR3; 2017 Landr Rover Discovery HSE Si6
62 Posts
Oh boy...I think you need to spend some time reviewing the old posts...every Land Rover/Range Rover owner has a different experience depending on where you drive, the model you drive, the vehicle age and the part of the country you live in. It's so difficult to give you the feedback you want. For some of us, we "bleed Land Rover green" while others find their happiest day is the day they sell their vehicle. I'm on my 3rd, although after my first, a 1999 Discovery II, I swore I would never own another. Then I drove an LR3 in 2005 and bought one a week later. I still have that one for Offroad use and now I drive an LR2 for a daily driver. My annual "budget" for my LR3 is $5k...if I ever have a year when it costs that, it will be sold...sad to say. Land Rovers are not economy vehicles in any sense of the word. But if you get a good independent shop, you can keep an older one running for a lot less. The newer generation (after 2005) are much more reliable than the prior vehicles, but the older ones have a charm unique to Land Rover. Check out www.alloyandgrit.com for some great info from a new magazine. Their first print issue has a great history and revue of most of the historical line up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.