Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my 101FC GS "Wilks" on the first of April and joined this board about a week later on a friend's recommendation. I also have a 1995 RR County LWB (hence the "landlimo" screen name). I'm coming up on one year since buying the RR and it was not only my first Rover but also my first 4x4...so if I sound like a newbie, you know the reason :D

Wilks needs tires, and quickly. I would love to have some 9.00x16 Michelin XZLs but I have no idea where to find them. I'm watching a set of 11.00x16s on eBay but they will probably be well out of my price range before the auction ends. The challenge is finding a tire that's tall enough without being too wide to fit on a 16x6.5 rim. I've found quite a few examples of 101s with wider tires fitted to the stock rims, for example Maxxis Creepy Crawler 37x12.50R16s, which according to Maxxis require a 10" rim. I don't have enough knowledge/experience at this point to know how this works (or doesn't!). Any advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums becca :wave:

To tell you the truth, I know nothing about that vehicle. ..but about your tire problem, have you checked out any of the interco tires (http://intercotire.com/site24.php)?. They might have what you are looking for in the right size.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keptin said:
have you checked out any of the interco tires
Yeah, all the ones that would be the right height (36-37") require a 16x10 rim. I wish they had more choices in the Special Service TSL line.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Wow that 101 looks to be in great condition.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's now got a few dings & scrapes, all fixable. I aim to respray him in his native NATO camouflage before too long.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
That thing is SWEET!!!! I love it!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
Those 101FCs are unstoppable!
I love the innovative "step" that is part of the wheel hub.......

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stock suspension makes them quite stoppable, unfortunately...wheels become airborne with the slightest provocation.
One of these days, when I'm casting about for an insane project, it'll be EAS for him.
:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts