Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New member and a new rover owner. I've got a 99 Disco II with 130k that I aquired a short while ago. Used to 4 wheel with NE4W, and had built several rock rigs based on toyota, jeep, and suzuki's, but military service and a subsequent family put me out of the hobby for a while. Looking to get back into it, and am looking forward to asking and contributing to the forum. Will spend some time reading past posts before I start asking questions. I'll also put up some pics of my disco shortly.

Best, Gregg

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Welcome and thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate all that you have
done.

I have a 99 as well and you are in for some work but that is half the fun. Reading on the topics is the best thing you can do to get to know the quirkiness of a Disco. It can be crazy around here so have fun.

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Welcome, Gregg, good to have you join our little bunch on the forum.

We have a 1999 Disco 2 V8 manual box, it has just passed 100K miles last week, but only 11K in our ownership.

Get hold of the RAVE CD from land_rover service manual or the Green Oval website. It's a huge source of factory data and work procedures, everyone should have it on their PC.

We are in the UK BTW, so often we have to think about designating 'driver;s side' and 'passenger side' when we talk about a handed component!

Regards,

Peter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm in the US, so I'll make sure when appropriate to designate "US Drivers Side" for you folks over the pond.

Best, Gregg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts