Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to Australia about 2 years ago from Scotland and, bought a freelander 1800cc as i had one back in Scotland.
My SRS warning light keeps coming on whilst driving at iregular intervals. i have been told that this is caused by the wheel sensor.
" has anyone also had this problem " i would appreciate some feed back as i am unsure of the costs if i have to put it in a garage.
thanks
billy :drink1:

· Registered
1,744 Posts
The wheel sensor has nothing to do with your SRS light coming on. It could be that you have at some stage flattened you battery, or, your battery is going flat. You will need to have the light extinguished at one of the dealers, or at a dedicated private Land Rover workshop. BTW, where abouts in OZ are you? If you are in Sydney I will give you a couple of phone numbers of workshops where you won't get ripped off.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
The steering wheel sensor that you are refering to is called a spiral cassette and yes it could be failing causing the SRS light to come and go. The only way to tell for sure is to use a test book on your system.
Mike J.

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Where was the Freelander build? The ones build in SA had very bad workmanship on their electrical parts. Stuff like the electrical mirrors shorting out the enjin computer were actully very common.
Is your problem not just a short-circute of some kind?

· Registered
1,744 Posts
billyp, give either of these numbers a call.
ATV Automotives at Strathfield 9764.3226 or Graeme Cooper Automotives at St. Peters 9550.2689. either of these independant LR work shops have a "test book" or diagnostic computer, which can cancel the SRS light and they probably won't charge for the service. Parnell Motors (Dealer) at Arncliffe is a little closer to you but they might charge you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.