Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I just paid for a 2016 Land Rover Range Rover Sport. I will be driving it home this weekend.

·
Bleeds Green
127 Posts
Welcome and congrats! We have a '14 and we really like it!

I recommend checking if your Range has had all of the latest recalls applied. Ours just got a software update in a recall because apparently the fancy electric-shut doors were deciding to open while driving. (If you didn't know; if you just barely shut your door, a little electric motor pulls it shut the rest of the way. Well, at least it does on ours, I'm not sure if that was part of a package or standard. We bought ours used.) When we took ours in for the recall the dealer said they'd had three people come in saying their doors had opened as they were driving! Yikes! As far as I know, the recall applies to about 65k Range Rovers made from 2013-2016. Worth checking out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and congrats! We have a '14 and we really like it!

I recommend checking if your Range has had all of the latest recalls applied. Ours just got a software update in a recall because apparently the fancy electric-shut doors were deciding to open while driving. (If you didn't know; if you just barely shut your door, a little electric motor pulls it shut the rest of the way. Well, at least it does on ours, I'm not sure if that was part of a package or standard. We bought ours used.) When we took ours in for the recall the dealer said they'd had three people come in saying their doors had opened as they were driving! Yikes! As far as I know, the recall applies to about 65k Range Rovers made from 2013-2016. Worth checking out.
Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I wasn't aware of it until now. Will definitely check the doors on my Range Rover.

·
very disco
1,305 Posts
You’ve chosen some interesting places to introduce yourself, but welcome nonetheless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts