Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Recently, I have come to the realization that it would be wonderful to have a Range Rover. I am a great admirer of the 1996-2002 body style, and I am currently looking into finding a 2000 or later 4.0 SE. I have done about as much static research on these cars as I can (rangerovers.net, edmunds.com, and eopinions.com, ect..), but now I need to ask some questions!
I am unfamiliar with any Land Rover product. My neighbors have the new Range Rovers, so I am familliar with their layout, but not with the things only true fans know-the good and the bad, problem areas, that sort of thing. My family is a German/Swedish car buying crowd, with an emphasis on Volvo.
My main question at hand, is the reliability of a 2000+ RR SE. For example, are there any daily surprises like a Jaguar? Is high mileage an issue? I would ultimately love to travel across the country in one. Would it be able to go 3,000 miles of daily highway driving w/o issue? Thanks for reading and I look forward to becoming more educated with RRs!

·
Registered
674 Posts
3000 miles per day! The car AND you may have issues with that:D :lol:

Just kidding - know it was a typo! Seriously, if you want to do a lot more research on it John Brabyn's website and this one are a great place to ask the right questions. Check this out http://www.rangerovers.net/

They both offer great advice and TONS of information on the joys of owning a RR.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Yes, after I wrote it, I was afraid it might come off as 3,000 miles a day. I've checked out the website you mentioned. Its a great resource. Especially the extended warranty information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts