Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my introduction to Land Rover ownership. I just became the owner of a 2000 4.6 "Rhino" edition purchased it from an second owner who listed it on Bring A Trailer. Drove it from Oakland to San Diego after he met me at the airport. While it is not, as advertised, anywhere near perfect, it is a nice one. The seller was also a nice guy FYI and the transaction was easy as are most BAT auctions (I believe). I took the leap of faith but immediately had it checked by Peter at British Automotive in San Diego and those were his words as well. He is a new business owner, experienced with Land Rover and a nice guy. Real helpful. Yes it has needs but to be expected. I'm looking forward to understanding the joys and not so fun aspects of ownership in the months to come. Having some brake maintenance performed and other minor nits attended to by Peter and keeping an eye on the exhaust system which quite honesty is the only aspect if this vehicle that shows some age. Thinking about an aftermarket cat back system that promotes an exhaust note a little more aggressive than what came stock.

Attachments

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
I just have to ask because everyone was wondering it on BaT, why did you jump right to $7,600? There was no surprise after that bid that you ended up with the high bid. Congrats on the purchase. It seems like the previous owner did a decent job of maintaining it. I don't envy you if you decide to sort out the heater core.

Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.