Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Toy

Where are you located???
Mike J

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Expedition Exchange (www.expeditionexchange.com) is a great place to find everything land rover from many different companies, they also make thier own parts.

I would buy my hella's from them, so far most of my stuff has been though them and its awesome. I just bought a Pelican 1400 Case and with ground mail it got here two days from the day I ordered it.

I personally wouldnt bother with a factory brush guard, I would spend a bit more to get a good off-road HD bar, but thats my opinion. For off-roading the bar can push up into your lights and smash your grill+lights (very bad). Though mine has been fine up to this date, im going to take it off soon; I have to admit it does look cool vs. not having one.

Roof rack options are mainly from two companies; Safety Devices, and North West Parts. They both look nearly identical, except Safety Devices has a better powerdercoat job and cost twice as much (literally twice; $1200 vs. $640). The NWP rack is the rack I want, and im going to install a LR genuine ladder. The manager of NWP is a good guy and will take care of you if you have any problems; the links are below:

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/safetydevices/
www.northwestparts.com

if you need anything more just ask :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disco Mike said:
Where are you located???
Mike J
I am in Southern Ontario. I live close to the US border and have items shipped to a US address, and then broker them across myself. I usually save huge by doing it this way!

I will check out the other website recommended as well. Duties will be primarily on road, and off road will not be anything demanding too much protection.... it's indeed more of a style / load carrying thing for the family.
////M

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Toys

////M
There are a number of East coast suppliers, but for starters, go to Expedition Exchange and go thru all their product lines, this will be a great way to get you excited.
Mike J.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay here goes!

Well the roof racks are incredibly sexy, that is for sure.

Seeing we have owner our Disco II for almost one day, I have to ask!
If our truck has factory rails, should we just go with a half rack on the front?

Does anyone know of one that brackets to the factory rails, without having
to put two cross rails on?

I saw Thule has a nice looking system, as does NWP ( the half rack )
I guess if you use aftermarket, it's on the front of the truck.
If you use the NWP system, it's on the rear.

Does anyone have experience with either system? Thule has the MOAB and Expedition to replace the older rack style. The Expedition appears to bolt onto the factory rails directly.

Sorry for asking so many questions, because I guess it comes down to simplicity and style.

////M

·
2,986 Posts
The Safety Devices and I believe NWP full-length roof racks can be put on without removing the factory rails.. they are high enough to clear that and the sunroofs (at least the normal profile ones)

·
Registered
789 Posts
99 and 55,ooo klicks??????, thats crazy, either u lucked out, or got robbed, mine is a 99, and i just broke 200,000 km's, I'm in Oakville, theres a guy in brampton who does good work, PM me if u need info

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
rmuller said:
The Safety Devices and I believe NWP full-length roof racks can be put on without removing the factory rails.. they are high enough to clear that and the sunroofs (at least the normal profile ones)
Yes, both of the racks (standard height) can be put on without taking off the stock rails.

Im not sure exactly what you want to be carried but I believe the Safety devices and NWP racks to be superior to any yakima rack you could buy, and they will look much nicer, though they will probably be much heavier too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.