1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
590 Posts
Where have you been Adam? Those babies ben out for a year now.

Sweet eh...

only 7-8 MPG though

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh, Just saw it yesterday........

Hailsharky said:
Where have you been Adam? Those babies ben out for a year now.

Sweet eh...

only 7-8 MPG though
Blush. That is what happens when you are on eBay, here and Central Booking. DUH!

It would be funny as a HYBRID, HUH ??

Only 105,000 dollars huh. Two LR3's and change.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i've seen one of those trucks driving down the street from me, i'm not sure where he lives, but i've seen it a couple times, its close to here.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Series 3, you know thats the full size bed out of a full size dually truck right..?
I agree, it looks small strapped onto the back of that bohemoth

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Hailsharky said:
Series 3, you know thats the full size bed out of a full size dually truck right..?
I agree, it looks small strapped onto the back of that bohemoth
Dear God!!! It doesnt look like a full size bed at all!!That thing must be huge!!! :)

SCSL- I bet they have messed their pants with stress over that Baby!!!

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
So not to highjack,,,but on that note,,, I've seen at least 3-4 Kerry bumper stickers on the back of large SUVs or pick-ups around Denver lately. Help me understand that (?)

·
Registered
528 Posts
probobly just some dem's that came down from boulder to protest. They need to carry all their propaganda equip. with them somehow. lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
down in the carolina's its rare to see kerry/edwards stickers, eventhough edwards is a NC native. We do have some standards south of the mason-dixon line lol. That kind of crap is just simply unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just for comparsion...........

I think you can count on one hand how many of there were done, as a comparison to the International Monster (pickup(!?) truck.

Adam in NYC :drive:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Chevy and Ford offer a truck that is similar in size to the international. There is one that is at the Jiffy Lube from time to time, one of the guys that works there has said that those things are 120K plus..... I could think of a lot better things to spend 100 thousand on than that

·
Registered
590 Posts
yeah, but the International does happen to look better in the front and rear then the chevy and ford models.

Those look like gardner trucks minus the wood side gates to keep the shrubery in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Adam in NYC USA said:
I think you can count on one hand how many of there were done, as a comparison to the International Monster (pickup(!?) truck.

dood, who butchered that land rover and where are the pics of the work. Dam, looks awesomely terrifying!!!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its on the Internet.......

JMan said:
dood, who butchered that land rover and where are the pics of the work. Dam, looks awesomely terrifying!!!
It is only a progression of the old Defender pickup and you can see it if you use Google Images:

http://images.google.com/images?svn...S:official&q=land+rover+discovery&btnG=Search

If you ever come across the "4x4 is Born DVD" by Mark Evans, he builds a similar Defender 100 pickup by starting with a Range Rover frame and engine. What surprises me is that it is a two DVD collection not readily available in the US and that the Defender took 6 months and about 200,000 hours to get it together. At the end, I was too used to the American series "Trucks". The offroad antics were lame but the truck ran. He gave me a lot of good ideas though.

The owner of the posted photo started with a three door Disco and then got busy with the back to make a permanent loadspace. I like how he took the back with the door and moved it about a yard forward.

If you look carefully, he had to put a rollcage because the rear pillars are not all there. He put some kick panels on the side but lost the structural stiffness. It looks like the roof but I dont think that is a chop. More like a new fiberglass top.

Put in the external cage so he or she wont break their neck.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
And then we wonder why people think Americans are morons squandering natural resources... Piles of **** like that CXT are a prime example.. I love their trademarked saying "The Brilliance of Commons Sense"... WTF???:complain:

I hope gas goes past $3 soon in the US.. only then will people start thinking about buying sensible, gas efficient cars.... Until then POS like Ford Expeditions, Hummers and this CXT will continue to deplete natural resources at an alarming rate, and making Americans look like the morons we are for buying this crap.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually it is more complicated than that......

Serg said:
And then we wonder why people think Americans are morons squandering natural resources... Piles of **** like that CXT are a prime example.. I love their trademarked saying "The Brilliance of Commons Sense"... WTF???:complain:

I hope gas goes past $3 soon in the US.. only then will people start thinking about buying sensible, gas efficient cars.... Until then POS like Ford Expeditions, Hummers and this CXT will continue to deplete natural resources at an alarming rate, and making Americans look like the morons we are for buying this crap.
Actually, we Americans have done a great job exporting our ideals and our values to the other nations. Anyone want to get ahead in the world market, gotta go enter the world market and compete with cheap goods and get the dough.

The global oil supply is the same, China and India are getting on the oil consumer bandwagon (that is why China is trying to buy a big oil company, so they can get a better price with an internal oil company).

So the price goes up. We don't learn and don't demand better mpg from our domestic auto manufacturers.

The USA creates 49% of its own fuel. We can beat this but we got the wrong people in the wrong places who rather do name-calling and make up excuses to get us in little wars.

This will probably be the last season we will see a minority market in auto hybrids. Ford is getting the message, Toyota Lexus and Honda alrady got the message ; they just have to refine their products.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.