Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I have a new project in progress. I give you all the detail during the process.

I change my actual factory battery. Also I install an Traxide Usi-160 Dual Kit Battery.

D3-AU = USI-160 Standard Kit | TRAXIDE - RV | Traxide - RV

For my primary battery I have selected the InterState Mega-Tron H8.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/...8-4294493597-4294493417-4294493514-2147384906

For my secondary battery I have selected the recommended Optima D34 Yellow Top.

http://d26maze4pb6to3.cloudfront.net/optimabatteries/4713/4583/5068/YELLOWTOP_Full_Specs_Sheet.pdf

Due of the extrem climate where I'am from ( Quebec,Canada +40 summer / -45 winter) I choose to install redonduncy battery system. Yes, It's maybe a lot of expensive ( +/- 900.00 CAN $ ) but when I travel in the north, far of civilisation, the cost have no importance.

I Let you know and shared you coulpe of picture after my installation !

And after this project, my next project is to change all the air suspension system. Busy year's ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you need any help or advice while doing this install, shoot me a PM. I did this last summer and managed to find pretty good mounting locations for everything. Of course, my setup may be a little different because I had a winch solenoid and a circuit breaker for an aux fusebox as well, but I can send pictures of what I did if it helps. Oh, and I don't know if you selected a location for the in-cab switch yet, but I found a great location for that as well (at least for me). I decided that I didn't need to look at the little light all the time... only in rare instances, so I ended up mounting the switch horizontally on the inside of the left rail of the driver's seat. I ran the wire underneath the carpet... pretty easy to do with a wire clothes hanger and now the switch is easily accessible, but you never see it unless you want to (i.e. it doesn't make an eyesore inside). :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.