Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 2000 Disco II tomorow. My first Rover. Been hemming and hawing for years, the Trooper is going bye bye in the morning. Took it for a test ride yesterday with my future mother in law (72 years old) and it came back COMPLETLY caked with mud. The poor lot attendent took one look at the thing and knew he was staying late to re-detail it for me!!!! Will post pics this weekend if I can figure out how to get them up on the site. :beer:

· Registered
590 Posts
I have a 2000 Series II what color did you get?

Welcome by the way, I am new as well.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Congrats!

I'm in Rockland County NY, let's go wheeling!

John C

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dark red with light mattalic. I do not know the exact color name. I work with heavy duty marine deisel engines so it will be nice to have something to frig around with while home. Live in Jersey City (booo) so if any one is close....... :drink1:

· Registered
590 Posts
Dark Red?

You mean Burgandy or Alveston in its proper name bru?

If so, you have my rig. Grey interior or tan man?

· Registered
590 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love the powder coat rims!! Just got home and was out EARLY this morning. Rain yesterday and this morning so it was good and sloppy. Cracked the front air dam and would like to remove and re locate the fog lights or mabye just fix up with a bit of stich mat and resin. Oh well. :D

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the resin will bond with the plastic will go that way, if not I need to find a material that will work like a standard two part from an auto supply store. Cracked on the passenger side corner. Any one have experience removing these damn dams?

· Registered
590 Posts
Thanks,
the lugs are painted black now so they dont stick out.

You have 5 years on your rig now Halliday, I would put 500 aside and replace the shocks.
I put old man emu stiff ride shocks and they are very comfy.
They will work great when I get my 2" lift.

Post a pick when you get a chance.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, lets see if this works. They are in the process of building a golf course right next door to where I live and the security guards can be bribed with cervesa. The only word we can use to communicate. Nice guys.

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Congrats on your new truck, :buttrock: I hope it is as good to you as my two discos were to me. :bawling: I had a 2000 SE7 ACE, and a 2003 SE ACE. Where the frig are you getting it muddy in Jersey City? Liberty State Park???? :dunno:
Sorry , but I can't resist these cute little smilie D-Bags..lol

· Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Hailsharky said:
Halliday, heres my Disco. We are brothers at the wheel no?

http://landroversonly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=854&stc=1 :drink1:
Looks like a cool truck, I love the powder coated rims. How do they hold up off road? Do they scratch easy?
Oh, just one thing. Always try to take the pic with the sun behind you, directly behind you if possible. You will not believe how much better the pics will look.

· Registered
492 Posts
My silver DII has what is called Gulf Spec bumper, no lights in it or air dam thing, much more off road friendly.

If you are really serious about taking your vehicle off road replace the front bumper with something like ARB before nature does a more expensive conversion.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How do I reduce the size of pics? Been friggin' with this since yesterday. Yes, the Gulf Spec bumper looks like the key. I thought there would be trouble upon first looking at how low the air dam is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.