Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of my new Rover... the Disco needed too much work, and for a truck almost 10 years old and with 92,000 miles, it wasn't worth it to me. So... click here to see my new best friend!... she's an '03 with 24,500 miles on her, and 23 months left of factory warranty!!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
rmuller said:
Looking good! Now lets start modding it and getting it muddy!
Well put...... Nice new ride... Hope you love it as much as you disco

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha... I am not sure how many mods I will do... my parents helped me buy the Freelander as long as I promised no stickers and exhaust and such... this is going to be my "professional young woman" Rover, and hopefully later in life my [soon to be] husband and I can buy a Defender or something and mod the heck out of it, take it on some trails... we still might join Minnesota Land Rovers and I can get my kicks out of checking out others' mods and wheeling with them... it's almost as fun and it doesn't cost nearly as much money! I will keep you all updated though if I decide to do anything worth mentioning

· Registered
590 Posts
Nice color combo.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I dont think I ever congradulated you on the freelander erica. Though its a bummer the disco is gone, the freelander can be tons of fun too. It will also get much better gas mileage, and if yours (if not all) has it, then you can have great fun with that shifttronic shifter-thing.

grats,

-kep

· Premium Member
1,144 Posts
when i had a freelander as a loaner when the disco was in the shop, i drove the hell out of it. its a lot more fun do drive around town compared to the disco, especially with the semi-automatic shifter!

congrats on the purchase and have fun with it! :buttrock:

· Registered
590 Posts
ibjettin said:
Is it harder going to a smaller ride?? We're selling our Disco for a Volvo T5 wagon and I know I'm going to miss the height and seating... I love the low windows and dash...

Very nice ride!

IB, what are you talking about? You mean you are selling another Disco other then the White one in your avatar right?

· Registered
590 Posts
keptin said:
I dont think I ever congradulated you on the freelander erica. Though its a bummer the disco is gone, the freelander can be tons of fun too. It will also get much better gas mileage, and if yours (if not all) has it, then you can have great fun with that shifttronic shifter-thing.

grats,

-kep

Once off roading with some other Land Rovers I watched a Freelander trying it's hardest to climb a hill we all had no problem with in Discos.

It went on forever before they finally made it.
It was a Land Rover salesmen and a kid he sold a Freelander to, and his girl and his girls friend. The two girls in back were so bummed.
When they got back to camp, they had the worst looks on there faces. I think they were scared it was gonna flip over.

Anyhow, the freelander needs a lot of rpms to do things that a Disco can do effortlessly.

· Registered
5,468 Posts
ilovemydisco said:
haha... I am not sure how many mods I will do... my parents helped me buy the Freelander as long as I promised no stickers and exhaust and such... this is going to be my "professional young woman" Rover, and hopefully later in life my [soon to be] husband and I can buy a Defender or something and mod the heck out of it, take it on some trails... we still might join Minnesota Land Rovers and I can get my kicks out of checking out others' mods and wheeling with them... it's almost as fun and it doesn't cost nearly as much money! I will keep you all updated though if I decide to do anything worth mentioning

Man...all the hot chicks that like rovers are taken. :complain:

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it is definitely a change, the size and seating height of the freelander compared to my disco, but it is a nice little truck!! it doesn't feel as bulky and heavy as my disco did [of course it's about 1000lbs lighter] so it is nice for in town stuff. on windy days it doesn't jump all over the road and it has a smooth ride on the freeway. easy to maneuver but at the same time the steering is incredibly tight.

only thing i think rover needed to improve on [which hopefully they did on the 04s and on] are the brakes, i think i am pressing harder on the freelanders brakes than i did on my discos... who knows maybe it needs new pads, i am having the 24k service done in a couple weeks so we'll see.

thanks all for the comments and support!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.