Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I've got a series III and have a couple of queries. THe vehicle in question is VIN:91113994D NSN:2320-99-893-2842 FVE 22A/69 Army Reg:21GX00

1) I bought it from a guy who got it from a garage. I would love to know a bit more about it - is it possible to get a copy of the truck's military logs for example?

2)What is the best manual to get hold of for an ex-mod truck

3)in the back of the truck (which is a hard top) is all the gubbins for the soft top - where do I start to see if this works?

4) I reached over to open the front passenger window and the little block of glass pinged off - what is best to glue it back on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,

If you have the Land Rover's military registration number it is possible to fin out its history- sadly I have no idea how you start this. Try getting in touch with the Heritage Centre at Gaydon. They can provide very detailed histories for civilian vehicles, and they could probably tell you were to go for military ones.

Brooklyn Publications do all sorts of re-prints of Land Rover manuals. Go to the Land Rover Bookshop (landroverbookshop.com) and see what they have- they'll probably have a re-print of the genuine Army Operator's Manual. I don't know if the Army had a specific workshop manual. Autojumbles and Land Rover shows often sell genuine handbooks etc.

I'm not sure what you mean about the soft top- I don't think it's possible to have the hoops for a canvas fitted AND have a hard top in place. All the holes and brackets for the soft top should be there anyway. If you want to fit a soft top, you will need a canvas (cheap and easy to find-unless you want a genuine military one) and a set of hoops (not so cheap- £100+).

Can't help with the little glass block- our ex-MOD 109 we had lost both of them and despite everything we just couldn't get them to stay.

Good Luck with the Landy :drive:

Jack

·
Registered
107 Posts
simonmac2 said:
hi,

I've got a series III and have a couple of queries. THe vehicle in question is VIN:91113994D NSN:2320-99-893-2842 FVE 22A/69 Army Reg:21GX00

1) I bought it from a guy who got it from a garage. I would love to know a bit more about it - is it possible to get a copy of the truck's military logs for example?
Don't know if this is possible or not, you should be able to find out what units it served with though. Try here www.landrovernet.com Rex hunt of the Ex-Military Land Rovers Association should be able to enlighten you a bit more.

2)What is the best manual to get hold of for an ex-mod truck
Best manual to get hold of is a copy of the Ministry of Defences repair operations manual, don't know the availability of them now but if it's something specific i'll maybe able to get ya a copy.[/QUOTE]

3)in the back of the truck (which is a hard top) is all the gubbins for the soft top - where do I start to see if this works?
Fit it all together, have the very stuff myself, will be taking photo's of it over the weekend, will give you a checklist of stuff that should be there.

4) I reached over to open the front passenger window and the little block of glass pinged off - what is best to glue it back on.
Anything that will give a strong "glass to glass" bond, some of the superior brands of superglue should do the trick.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re the glass glue - I'm sure Autoglass would give you a drop for free if you asked them. You have to be careful with glass - some glues can cause enough stress to crack the glass due to differential contraction/expansion rates when the glass' temperature is affected by ice etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts