Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New style cupholders (Now with photo!)

I took my 97 Disco in for cupholder repair (the kind that slide out of the dashboard and don't hold big cups!) and discovered that there are new style cupholders that are awesome! They screw in to the sides of the shift console area (one holder on each side). They fit small cups as well as big cups when the inner lining is removed. I love them. Listed on my invoice was 1 STC53156SUC KIT, Cup holder (Style D11). Cost $62.00 Parts, $48.00 labor. They would be easy to install by yourself. Sooooo worth it. Woohoo! Michele

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dent said:
they sure stick out towards the centre quite abit.. wonder if they'll fit a 5sp..
take care
sam
Good point. I just took some measurements.

They attach to the ridge on the console. From the top of the ridge, they go 2 1/2 inches toward the center. (sorry about our assbackwards measuring system in the US).

My rail ridge is about 12" long. There is not a lot of play on the drivers side due to the emergency brake (only about 6" of play), but on the passenger side, there is the full 12" to play with. You could even mount both cupholders on the passenger side if needed.

The cupholder diameter is 4 3/4 inches.
From outside edge of driver-side mounted cupholder to the outside edge of the passenger-side mounted cupholder is 14". Hopefully you can make use of some of these measurements to see if it would work with your console/gear configuration. M :drive:

·
Registered
28 Posts
These are listed in my UK spec RAVE (tech manual) and so I would assume they will fit - I hope they do 'cos they're on my Christmas wish list ;) for my 300 TDi (5 speed...)

Bri
:camo:

·
Registered
321 Posts
let me know if it fits as currently i am putting my coffee cup between my legs as it doesn't fit in the cup holder and am worried one day i'm going to spill it and burn me *&^% :az:
take care
sam

·
Registered
138 Posts
They will hold most cups, plus you can stash a small tube of graphite for those times when your ignition key is not wanting to turn well. If you install them yourself you do have a bit of choice as to where you place them along the side of the console. My wife got me one for christmas last year and it has been great. LRW :wave:

·
Registered
363 Posts
You got a good price on the cup holders. I saw them on line and the dealer for around $100.00. As for the labor. I think you got taken. It only takes a moment or two to put them on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Better Price - Easy Install

I paid $52 and change from Rovers North in Vt and installed them myself in no time at all. Finally I no longer have my coffee cup changing heater/AC controls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts