Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting them put on on Friday and I hope they will fit! I know a little trimming will be required but oh well they should be much better than what I had. When I was back home for a wedding last weekend in WI I picked up these tires at a local Fleet Farm store 245/75/16 MT's. Pretty decent looking tire for $100 dollars a piece! I'll find out soon enough how they hold up off road. It was great picking them up in a suit and tie and stuffing five of them in the back of my wifes D2 in between the wedding and the reception! :D
Can't wait to see if they fit!

· Registered
229 Posts
Brand

Badger1 said:
Getting them put on on Friday and I hope they will fit! I know a little trimming will be required but oh well they should be much better than what I had. When I was back home for a wedding last weekend in WI I picked up these tires at a local Fleet Farm store 245/75/16 MT's. Pretty decent looking tire for $100 dollars a piece! I'll find out soon enough how they hold up off road. It was great picking them up in a suit and tie and stuffing five of them in the back of my wifes D2 in between the wedding and the reception! :D
Can't wait to see if they fit!
What brand tires are they ? and what is the load range.

· Registered
229 Posts
Badger1 said:
Load range E. As far as the brand it says widetrack baja mt... I did a search on the net to no avail, so I took advantage of the trip back home to pick them up.
Never heard of them but they look like decent mud tires and the price was
right @$100.00. I have dunlop mud rovers same size & load range as yours
and i paid $140.00 each .

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was also looking at the Dunlops. In August I took a trip back home and saw those tires I decided the price was right. It just took awhile to save up some cash. Once I finish a couple beers I'll go outside with the Dremel and piss the neighbors off while chopping up my rear fenders! :D Doesn't look like I'll have to take too much off though, that suprised me.

· Registered
229 Posts
Badger1 said:
I was also looking at the Dunlops. In August I took a trip back home and saw those tires I decided the price was right. It just took awhile to save up some cash. Once I finish a couple beers I'll go outside with the Dremel and piss the neighbors off while chopping up my rear fenders! :D Doesn't look like I'll have to take too much off though, that suprised me.
I used a pair of tin snipps , Aluminum cuts real easy. I like the dremel but
i always wind up slipping with it then it gets ugly then you get pissed and
then the hammer comes out and it's all over.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DISCO INCUBUS said:
I used a pair of tin snipps , Aluminum cuts real easy. I like the dremel but
i always wind up slipping with it then it gets ugly then you get pissed and
then the hammer comes out and it's all over.
How'd the cut come out? Pretty decent looking, got any pics?

· Registered
229 Posts
Badger1 said:
How'd the cut come out? Pretty decent looking, got any pics?
The cut came out nice and clean, I first cut back the inner lip about an inch
then the pointy edge i made a gradual round contour. I installed a set of
OEM rubber fender flares and you would never know it was cut.

Don't have any pics but will try to take some this week. I am an fffing computer retard.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Badger1 said:

I have cut mine!!!!! I love the gain!!!!! I used a cutting wheel!!! I also cut the inner fenderwell in the rear for bigger tires!!

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I cut the rear corners off, but the bumper is still there!! Now i am designing a custom one!!! Hope it turns out!!

· Registered
128 Posts
Badger1 said:
Getting them put on on Friday and I hope they will fit!
I hope you have better luck than I did with cheap tires. 235/85-16, E rated. Mine were Treva M/T's with a similar pattern, and were $70 each from a local vendor. It took a lot of weight to balance them, and it still shook like a fat lady during an earthquake. Mud performance was so-so. They were indeed cheap. Luckily, a guy needed some for his tow truck, and he gave me $65 each.. I bought Trexus 265/75's to replace them. Smooth, quiet (er) and decent in the slop. Still clear, but the steering stops needed soem tweeking.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far so good, had them on the highway at 80mph and all is well. As far as the slop goes.... time will tell. I would like to get out for a real offroad trip within the next couple weeks. Although like I said before, anything beats the crappy Bridgestone AT's I had on it before. I have heard alot of people complain about poor balancing with MT's, you just need to find a place that deals with those types of tires alot to do the job, as it's not as easy as doing your typical road tire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.