Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased our 03 Disco II a year ago and really like it, but now it's starting to show it's age. Here are some issues we are having and I hoping to get pointed in the right direction on resolving them. First is the engine, I have to add coolant about every other weekend. It doesn't get hot, the temp gauge stays right in the middle, but we do smell coolant and the whole underside of the engine is wet with coolant. What is this a sign of?
Also inside on the front driver and passengers side floor and firewall it feels as if our feet could catch on fire at any moment. Related to engine I'm assuming?? I've seen some people put those vents on like you see on LR3 and 4s, do they work for ventilation or just decoration?
Finally, the driver's side seat warmer isn't working, changed all the fuses, still nothing. What should I look at next?
I'm sure that I'll come up with some other issues in the future, but these here have been bothering me.
Thanks in advance for any input. Bart.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Deal with the coolant leak a.s.a.p.! If it's wet it's leaking
Radiator? Water pump? Hose? Head gasket?
Don't rely on the temp gauge, if you wait til it reads overheat it will probably be too late and you will have done serious damage!
Don't drive it til you fix it or you may destroy it! 2003 also bad for oil pump issues. Do some research

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.