Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to the world of land rover. I just pick up a 1999 land rover discovery 2 with 245,560km.(don't know if that good or bad) I didn't pay much for it but she came with a few little problem the there i need help with.

1. The speakers in all the door don't work. The amp under the driver seat don't look to good....

2. 3 Amigos.......

I also want to know how much lift i need to run 33x12.5x15 mud tire with spacer on it

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Welcome
Where to start?
You will need a "lot" of lift to clear 33 inch tires and pretty sure you cannot fit 15 inch wheels ( will not clear the brakes) pretty sure 16 inch wheels or bigger
Considering these trucks are not known for their " abundance of power" I think you would find it quite gutless on 33s
As for the 3 amigos. First step is getting codes out of it.
Lots of experienced advice available here once you get some code numbers
You mention kilometres so assume you are not in the U S of A?
What part of the world are you in?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O way man i have a brand new set off my old jeep tj I really want to use. I will be taking it to the shop on Monday to get it the code but if its the shuttle valve could i buy it from the dealer or is it aftermarket part. I'm in Scarborough Ontario is that to high Km for it?

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to the world of land rover. I just pick up a 1999 land rover discovery 2 with 245,560km.(don't know if that good or bad) I didn't pay much for it but she came with a few little problem the there i need help with.

1. The speakers in all the door don't work. The amp under the driver seat don't look to good....

2. 3 Amigos.......

I also want to know how much lift i need to run 33x12.5x15 mud tire with spacer on it
Search 3 Amigos here and you'll get more info than you can digest in a week.
As far as the mileage, it really depends on the PO and how he took care of it. If it was neglected, you could possibly be looking at a huge money pit. These trucks are very sensitive to neglect. If you keep up on the maint. religiously, they can be very reliable, but if you don't, they'll put the hurt on you.
As far as the tires, sell them. Get yourself a 2-3 in lift and put 265/75/16 tires on it. That's a very common and reliable upgrade. Over that, and your looking at some big money to upgrade other components.
Good luck.

· Premium Member
3,190 Posts
O way man i have a brand new set off my old jeep tj I really want to use. I will be taking it to the shop on Monday to get it the code but if its the shuttle valve could i buy it from the dealer or is it aftermarket part. I'm in Scarborough Ontario is that to high Km for it?
If it turns out that you have a bad shuttle valve, not only should you replace the valve BUT most importantly, you should replace the seals. The kit is only available from Falconworks:

ABS shuttle valve code solution; brake fluid leaks

Yes, those two seals are expensive but no one has successfully found them anywhere else for less (and many have tried).

Now, you may find that the three amigos are on for wide variety of reasons that have nothing to do with the shuttle valve so wait until you have someone with the proper diagnostic equipment, read the codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.