Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, so starts this love hate relationship.

Upon driving home (200 miles) I lost quite a bit of oil. It seemed to be dripping everywhere when we stopped. After trying to clean as much as possible, I have noticed it pool a little around one of the oil pan bolts and noticed some seepage around the rocker covers. I assume I'm going to be replacing a bunch of gaskets soon. I am headed out to check tightness of oil pan bolts as well as rocker cover screws. Hopefully this will pass and I won't regret this purchase.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Rick

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
How many miles on the engine, how low was your oil level?
You better look at the top of this section for the major service list and plan on doing it all. You might also down load a copy of the free Rave CD, shop manual.
If you have any questions, send me your number and I'll call you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Mike.

Just shy of 125,000. The oil level started a little more than half way of 'normal', and was just a little under fill line when I got home.

After driving a little tonight, still leaking some oil, smells of burning oil when I parked. Hard for me to pinpoint where it's coming from but I almost think it's coming from the pulley or higher. Also have a slight odor of antifreeze as well.

I plan to do all the maintenance listed for my mileage but hoped to get this leaking under wraps first.

With the step by step stuff I saw in the manual, I'm confident I can tackle the work myself. That being said, I'm not a mechanic by trade and will definitely need some direction. If pictures will help I'd be more than happy to take some.

Thanks again,

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts