Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a long time series guy, I finally took the plunge and found a decent 1996 D1 with a manual transmission for sale locally. I had been looking at RRCs, as I wanted something I could take the family wheeling in that wouldn't cost too much, be relatively maintainable and have modern amenities like heat and a radio...

Pix will follow once the truck comes home, but for $4500 I'm pretty happy. The only problem I found was that the check engine light was on, the PO had the problem diagnosed to three of the o2 sensors, but didn't want to put the money into it...ok. :confused I'll have to fix that as since 1 Jan 2005 in NYS a vehicle won't pass inpection with the CEL on...

The truck will need some attention, as the coolant hoses appear to be original from 1996, I'm sure the diffs, tranny, tcase and swivel fluids havent been changed in quite a while, and there is a bit of rust to hit with the POR15 treatment.

After she's reliably running, I plan on a modest lift with good old 235/85/15 MTs as a first modification. If money permits, an ARB or TJM would follow...but, maintenance before modification is my rule...brakes were a little too squishy for my liking, have to break out the power bleeder...

More as the story develops...

Bogatyr

· MG
714 Posts
Nice! Congratulations on your acquisition. I look forward to the pictures...

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
Sounds good...can't wait to see the pics...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.