Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas!!! I'm new to the forum and I have never imagined that theres a Land Rover forum out there. I hope to learn alot from you Land Rover Experts!!!!!

I have a problem with my '99 Range Rover 4.0 HSE. While I'm driving for awhile the brake light comes on and then I get "Brake Fluid Low" msg on my dash. I checked the brake fluid resovoir and it is full. The car brakes normally. Sometimes when I pump the foot brakes the msg. warning goes away.

Do any of you guys know what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any responses!!!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Should be attached to the brake fluid reservoir. That is usually where it is located. Disconnect it, carefully, and spray some cotact cleaner on the fire loom where it plugs into the reservoir. Don't overspray it, just a bit.. Clean it off and plug it back in. See if that helps. If not, your sensor is most likely defective.

Serg

· Registered
127 Posts
Brake fluid.....

Hi RoverCR,
Welcome to the forum.
Its good advice to check out the sensor first.
If that doesn't do it another thing that can give you errors on your braking system is old/bad fluid!
Its worth checking your service records to see when (or if) the fluid was last changed. I believe LR recomend every 48K?
good luck,
Andy

· Registered
490 Posts
Your best bet is drain and change the brake fluid entirely, then bleed the system. Your fluid could be no good, or more likely there is air in the line. You could try just a bleed job, which is fairly straightforward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.