Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
Just joined the forum, I just closed on a 2002 Range Rover P-38 4.6 HSE, I am in Upstate NY (Rockland County) and looking forward to it. This vehicle will replace my trustworthy 1996 Full Size Ford Bronco which we use for our hunting and outdoor fun.
I hope that this move is a sensible one, the Rover has just been converted to coil springs suspension vs the air suspension which is so troublesome...

If anyone has some words of wisdom, please by all means shoot over, all advise will be really appreciated.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!
Basque1(Lou)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update
This purchase went "Sour" when the advertised vehicle was not supportive of the ad, kind of a bait and switch so I pulled out. The dealer had originally stated to me that they were in the process of converting the the air suspension to non- air suspension. After 5 days of waiting I went to see the car to find out that it was a gimmick.

Now I purchased last weekend a 2004 Range Rover after an extensive test drive and thorough inspection the car appears to be solid and with no major issues. I was accompanied by an professor of auto mechanics whom I trust very much and he agreed with me that the car was a good buy.
All this said, is there any major or just concerns that anyone might have regarding this vehicle. It is my understanding that this model has the BMW engine and all the reviews that I have read are very supportive of the car. I have seen the Edmunds rating of the car of 9.8 of 10 so this is good.
Please be honest and let me know some concern if any.
Much appreciated
Basque 1 (Lou)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.