Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
4,576 Posts
I see what you mean about the editor being drugged..but he's pretty much right, althought I did not appreciate the bashing of the original discos...they are Utilitarian Vehicles and they kick ass no matter what any journalist says!

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
"After the death of the Disco,,," ?? This reviewer is a moron. His stint on the LR course sounds like it was his 1st time ever off-road. "Real off-road tires are self-cleaning..." Yeah, in the ads in 'Four Wheeler'..... After the tires get done 'self-cleaning' they wash your rig & cook your dinner...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I can't wait for the posts to begin coming in with " I switched the knob on the console to "deep mud" and nothing happened. How do I fix it?
Quote from article: "What's more, the system is idiot-proof".

Here's another classical piece. "Each selection adjusts the height of the air suspension, the operation of the locking differentials (center and rear); the traction control and the transmission's shift points".

I wonder how this is all going to work, for example, when the air suspension comes to grief. How's the system, and selection, going to work, if you change out the air suspension for normal springs? Will the computer allow it?

As I have already posted elsewhere my dislike of the LR3's external appearance, I'm even more certain now, that the older Disco's are more suited to the hard core off-road enthusiasts. The less electrical gizmos = less hassles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.