Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh, hi there
Proud, or not quite sure if I am, of 99 disco 2
birthday 10/98, not sure if it has the cdl
did all of my research before the purchase
$1600, has 116000 miles, automatic.
But alas, I didnt just get the truck alone. I got 3 amigo's and a misfire.

I will be doing the abs mod, I have to order the "amigo" code reader before I do anything. The misfire should keep me occupied
No valve tap, or engin rattle of anykind.
Looking to do a mild lift and drive for a year to see if it stays in the stable
I am looking for the best service manual. If some one could give me the lowdown on that I would appreciate it.
Will post pics at some point. TTFN

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome

You don't need anything other than the part. The code reader is helpful if replacing the switch module doesn't solve your problem, but you don't need it- yet.

Misfire is likely the plug wires. They're not easy to replace so many neglect them. Instead of the ABS tool, you'd be well-served to get a decent scan tool.

Skip the lift for now. You've got about $1k worth of work to do on remedying the neglected maintenance the truck has right now.

best service manual is the factory one. It's called RAVE. I think this is the only place that still has it up. Resource is offline RAVE Workshop Manual | MyRangeRover.co.uk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome

You don't need anything other than the part. The code reader is helpful if replacing the switch module doesn't solve your problem, but you don't need it- yet.

Misfire is likely the plug wires. They're not easy to replace so many neglect them. Instead of the ABS tool, you'd be well-served to get a decent scan tool.

Skip the lift for now. You've got about $1k worth of work to do on remedying the neglected maintenance the truck has right now.

best service manual is the factory one. It's called RAVE. I think this is the only place that still has it up. Resource is offline RAVE Workshop Manual | MyRangeRover.co.uk[/url]
Thanks, misfire cleared up. truck has sat for awhile, and new plug wires. Yes I know about the entire fluid change for every wet in the vehichle. this is just a 3rd car, with the intention of lifting and light wheeling. I have a good scan tool, but wont clear the codes for abs.

·
Drives like an old man
446 Posts
May I recommend the Foxwell nt630 for ABS and SRS. Great tool, not expensive and will activate the ABS pump for bleeding. And of course, it clears those 3 Amigos codes. I just used mine to look at my 3 Amigos and found my shuttle valve has failed. So I got that going for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May I recommend the Foxwell nt630 for ABS and SRS. Great tool, not expensive and will activate the ABS pump for bleeding. And of course, it clears those 3 Amigos codes. I just used mine to look at my 3 Amigos and found my shuttle valve has failed. So I got that going for me.
Just checked it out, thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks, misfire cleared up. truck has sat for awhile, and new plug wires. Yes I know about the entire fluid change for every wet in the vehichle. this is just a 3rd car, with the intention of lifting and light wheeling. I have a good scan tool, but wont clear the codes for abs.
Make sure to address the cooling system issues and the front U-joints. If you're lifting you probably need to deal with the flex coupler in the rear too. Dont forget to replace the rubber brake lines with the longer stainless pieces with the lift

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure to address the cooling system issues and the front U-joints. If you're lifting you probably need to deal with the flex coupler in the rear too. Dont forget to replace the rubber brake lines with the longer stainless pieces with the lift
I will surf the forum for the cooling system issues, non so far. planned on replacing water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses are good.
And yes on the lift, not my first rodeo there.
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.