Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i'm new to this forum. Had my 98 freelander for a few months now, but i noticed today day my car was jerking a bit during driving. looked under the bonnet whilst on idle and noticed a spark coming from that module thingy that sits by the engine before the coil lead to the actual coil lead. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Adz

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
If you discovered the problem quickly enough, you probably only need to clean off the top of the coil modules. You probably had some moisture in that area, causing your spark to find a close path to ground (and not to the plug) If this happens long enough, the spark can cause the plastic to get carborized and then you've got a VG source to ground, carbon being an excellent conductor. Clean the area good, and spray some WD-40 or other moisture dispersant and you should be good to go. You may want to check that plug, as it may have gotten fouled from lack of spark.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww i hate this car so much right now. Now theres sparks everywhere between leads!!! Land Rover mechanic says its most likely worn leads and has cracks in them, so its going to cost AU$280 for leads, cap and rotor head!!! Anyone else agree thats a bit of a rort? Not only that but he suspects theres a head gasket failure, so AU$2.5K to get all that fixed :bawling: . Anyone have opinions on that too? Any input will be of much help, i want to get rid of this now so anyone want a cheap freelander?

Adz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.