Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin everyone, I just got my first Land Rover recently.... I'm a Jeep convert. I have to say I'm loving it. I'm in Oklahoma and it just started getting cold and until this morning all my windows were working properly until this morning. Now I have my rear passenger side stuck in the down position. Is it possible that the acctuators have seazed just because of the temp change? I'd rather not have to buy new acctuators and rip the doors open one week into owning it. I also wanted to say that this is a great forum, I started looking at it about a month before I bought my Disco. Thanks.

Tom Lamb

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Dude...your last name is killing me. I am trying to keep my mouth shut on this one.

OK, I can't. First, welcome to the forum. :wave: Second, post your question in the other section related to the make of your vehicle, you will probably get more responses. :drink1: Third, without a DNA test, there is no way to prove I am your father. :eek:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Tell us if it is a Disco I or II so way I can move this thread to the appropriate section where you will get more response...

·
MG
771 Posts
Welcome!

My left passenger side window is starting to go, too - I live in South America's Amazon basin, so it's not a stretch for me to say that it shouldn't be temperature related (though on another thread, there was a non-window electrical gremlin that depended on the temperature expansion/contraction of a connector).

It could be the switch itself (does it stay stuck when you actuate both the switch on that door and the center console switch?), or something more complicated in the door (I've read about window ECU's, etc.)

Mine seems to become unstuck when I click on the center console switch rapid-fire (video game like). Eventually, I guess I'll have to get at the root of the problem...

·
MG
771 Posts
Oh, and don't mind RoverX - he's just envious of the sexy name.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine is stuck.... really stuck. I tried using both the console switch and the switch on the door. I even had a friend try the switch while I pushed up on it... it didn't work.... also its nice to know that someone envies my name.... I respect that

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
I started having problems with my RRC's drivers side window. It started sticking on the way down and would not have enough power to raise itself back up. All I did for that was pop the interior door panel off and clean and lube the window regulator and window sliders. Worked for that, haven't had a problem yet with my Disco!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lamb

I'll go through and clean them, thats sounds like a good idea. I think I just have a nasty electrical problem. I'm running into stuff hourly it seems like. I had a cd player installed and after that the idle dropped off of the table and later magically fixed itself. Also at one point in time my hazard lights decided to turn on and not let themselves turn off until they decided to. So I guess I'm just going to do everything in my power to avoid using the electric options. I didn't buy it because of seat warmers, I bought it because its rad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.