Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing a 2000 to 2002 LR Discovery, or maybe those years are D2's, I am not real sure.

I would like to know of any reliability problems with these years and what options to stay away from or definitely try to find.

If you all know of an online resource detailing the equipment of the LR line for these years I would greatly appreciate that info as well.

Thank you,
Jody

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the evolution of about any truck model you examine, it seems that they evolve from rough, purpose-built utility vehicle to soccer-mom-mobile, at least here in the States. I was comparing my Discovery-I to a Discovery-II in the parking garage and recognized that my vehicle, while in the same motif, is somehow more primitive. It looks more 'bolted together' rather than the sleeker D-II. The latest models somehow look injection molded by comparison. I like my truck to look bolted together. Of course, you know what opinions are like...

rick
'96 Discovery-I
other vehicles

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Big plus is CDL which although not hooked up is usually in the 99 thru early 01 D2's, you want this if you plan on playing alot off the road. The 4.6 is a plus and I am still very happy with my 99 4.0.
What is it you are wanting to do with this truck?
Mike J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts