Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just new to world of series 3. Bought mum's old 80 model ex army job. needs a bit of paint and tlc. blokes gotta have a project right?

Anyway question is, i live on sunshine coast, queensland, looking for contacts re spares and some contacts to pester with dumb questions.

Also chasing a spare 16" wheel. Any ideas where to find one cheap, or vehicles released in australia with same bolt pattern? (f100???)

Was also wondering if anyone has experience of holden six conversion. is it worth doing. have 2.6 six in now and really love the burble just would like a little more torque at highway speeds.

many thanks
liam

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Liam

Welsome to the Landy Family!!

.I have had a F100 wheel on my SIII once as a temprory measure. The only problem is that the rims, allthough they do fit is not the same. the plate in the rim that you bolt onto the wheel is not in the same position in relation to the middle of the rim as the landy wheels. (does this make sence?) So the wheel it self sticks out about 1 1/2 inch more to the side than the other wheels. (it does not run on the same track).

No prob at low speeds (below 40 km/h) but is a probleem at high speed turning and espesially braking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.