Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 1999 Discovery II that following a head gasket repair and replacement CPS will not turn over.

One oddity before going in to more detail is that when I attempt to start despite the engine not turning over when I turn off the ignition I am unable to remove the key from the ignition, only way to remove the key is to disconnect the battery.

The battery is new and fully charged
The starter checks out as OK
The CPS looks good (I believe that if it was the CPS it should still turn over but just not fire up)
All dash lights, indicators, radio, windows work (apart from the rear door lock)

When I do attempt to start it up I get the normal bing, bing sound but then it changes to a fast bing, bing, bing continually and the light on the dash (left hand side (looks like 2 cogs with a line through them) (not sure what that is) flashes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The nearest LR service shop is a 16 hour drive away...

Thank you from Prince Rupert, BC Canada.

Cell 778 645 0254 call collect if you have any bright ideas on how I can get this to turn over..:crying:crying:crying:crying

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.