Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm planning the next few mods and welcome your opinion, feedback, suggestions:

1. 2nd set of wheels,,,black Procomp steelies,,,with 33x12.5x15 BFG MTs for summer. I'll keep the current 16" alloys with 285/75 BFG ATs for winter.

2. Rovertym adjustable panhard rod (My stock rod looks pretty weak next to the Rovertym drag link & tie rod)

3. ARBs front & rear,,,with axles & gears,,,the big expense. I debated this against a Detroit rear & TT front but the expense is so great, combined with GBR axles & gears, that I figure I may as well go with the ARBs. It's also my daily driver so I like the idea of being 100% locked or unlocked. I'm not keen on the Detroit out here on the road in winter.

4. Replace worn out winch cable with rope.

5. Strip the interior from behind 1st row seats, rhino-line it, add 2nd spare (secured) to rear cargo area along with parts storage and consolidate my various bags of tools & recovery stuff.

6. And of course I'm still looking for that internal cage. May have to see what I can work out w/ a local fab shop. Given my location, it's not a problem to find an off-road shop,,, but we'll have to see what the cost will be.

After that,,,I think I will be DONE. Which will mean it's time to start over again on a soft-top 90.
So anyway,,,Fri afternoon at work & it's slow so figured I would post up.

·
2,986 Posts
Everything sounds goods.. I'd recommend taking a look at the trXus' over the MTs, they worked out really well for me..

and don't kid yourself, you're never done! You can always go bigger!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you check your thread re internal rollcage either here or on dweb I believe some time in April? I think I posted a response on Stable Energies in NJ that offers SD rollcages for the DII. Mr. Muller here is quite familiar with them.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
OkieRover said:

From the Travels with Rover page.
I need that! Well... I don't 'need' it presay, BUT I'm going to get one just the same ;)

Great find! :beer:

·
Registered
528 Posts
ya, i have the trxus m/t's and they're incredible off-road when you need them. the sidewalls are stong as steel(almost litereally) and it's very hard to puncture them(so i've heard). I've also heard they have the best seepage(sp?) and are the best tires for ice by far, next to a studded tire with screws in it or chains.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
appstatedisco said:
ya, i have the trxus m/t's and they're incredible off-road when you need them. the sidewalls are stong as steel(almost litereally) and it's very hard to puncture them(so i've heard). I've also heard they have the best seepage(sp?) and are the best tires for ice by far, next to a studded tire with screws in it or chains.
Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking of changing to them next time round to see if I like them better than my BFG M/T's. Anyone else with a comment?

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
garland823 said:
by "done" do you mean sell the disco for a 90 done or just get a 90 and stop modding the disco done?
I mean Disco-done & time to find a 90,,,,,

Re: the 35's...I've thought about that,,,,,,don't tell my wife !

·
Registered
590 Posts
appstatedisco said:

Regarding those tires, how many ply is the sidewall?

My BFG AT's are 10 ply

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just wanted to make sure you knew that the RTE adj panhard rods are really the stock rods cut and welded, they are not stronger than stock. Also, make sure you spray paint them once you get it because they are not powdercoated.

I'm doing the "herculiner" thing, the Rhino-lining was around $850 here in NY.

I'm going with an internal and external roll cage. I should have it in a few weeks.

Good luck and post pics.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John C said:
Just wanted to make sure you knew that the RTE adj panhard rods are really the stock rods cut and welded, they are not stronger than stock. Also, make sure you spray paint them once you get it because they are not powdercoated.

I'm doing the "herculiner" thing, the Rhino-lining was around $850 here in NY.

I'm going with an internal and external roll cage. I should have it in a few weeks.

Good luck and post pics.
$850 ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I may have to reconsider that part of the plan.

I definately want to see pics of that exo-cage !! :drink1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.