Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCO - 'Highlander' 4.7 litre stroked, vortech supercharger.
DISCO1 - 'Iron Horse' 4.6 litre high compression + nitrous oxide.

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
WOW!! that is way cool... :clap:

You get the "most gauges" award... hee hee...

Tell me, is that an audio amp I see under the hood of the SC Disco? If so, you outta relocate it to a cooler location.

Overall very cool! The SC must go like hell!

Serg

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Serg,

The amp is a Jacobs Accuvolt 1500w and is only used on the ignition side of things. What it does it constantly provides 14 volts of clean, spike free power to the engine even if the battery voltage gets down to 9.6 volts. Heat has never been an issue.The audio amp is a separate beast and is located under the passenger seat.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xtremistSD,
The 95 model is an ES (Australian designation I guess). The 91, which I purchased 2nd hand, was a basic unit when it was released here. It had manual wind up windows, no sun roof, steel wheels and 3.5L motor.

The dyno'd horsepower rating for the supercharged unit is 210hp at each wheel, which is around 260-270hp approx in two wheel drive. Just out of interest, the 4.6 has more horse power though, when the nitrous is applied.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jonesy,
The gauges (Auto Meter ultralite's) from left to right:- Air pressure (compressor), Fuel pressure, Trans temp, Oil temp, Volts, Oil pressure, Boost/vacuum and Water temp.

· Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Thats some pretty intake manifold work,,

not to mention all that other stuff... You need to un officially re name your car to

ROVER ON ROIDS

as in steriods..

Sweet!!

· Registered
39 Posts
I really like the install for the CB radio in the center where the Diff Lock sticker would be. You should post some "How to's" on your truck. I am sure there are others that would like to know how you mamnaged to get all of that and to do it so nicely.

Very impressed.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I would love to help out. Just post your questions. The pipe work is all 3" polished stainless steel. From the twin K&N filters the piping goes into the blower and from there, it is routed down, through the inside of the left front wheel tub and into the intercooler which is just in front of the radiator. Part of the intercooler can be seen through a piece of the bumper I cut out to allow for better air flow. From the intercooler the piping connects to the upper plenum.

The CB is a GME electrophone Remote. I don't think this product is available in the states, but I,m sure there are simular alternatives. The remote keypad and display is attached just behind the diff lock lever, and the head unit is under the driver's seat.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cellulararrest said:
is that an AIR HORN under the hood?! :buttrock:
Yes it is. I'm not sure which photo you have looked at? If it's the horns on the supercharged Disco, the air supple is generated by the air compressor in the bottom left of the photo. The air line then connects to the bullbar which doubles as the air reservoir, the air line then takes off again on the other side of the vehicle, from a nipple fitted underneath the bullbar. It then connects to the horns. On the other disco, the air supply from the compressor fills a tank attached inside the bullbar and then the supply goes to the horns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.