Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my Disco II TD5 auto from cold the accelerator will not repond for 80 seconds but will then start to respond, for the first few miles it feels a bit sluggish. Before the engine reaches normal temperature the vehicle drives fine and has full power, once it reaches normal temperature the vehicle just goes flat, all throughout this not one warning light will come on at all.

Does anyone out there have any idea on whats going on with my Disco II TD5 auto?????

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Ok I asked my dad about it . He owned a 1982 200D Mercedes that he striped down and rebuild totaly with 7 coats of white paint . That car was the bomb . Every one wanted to buy it .

Anyway , He had a lot of friends that had Mercedes cars and other cars that gad Desel engines.
What he told that Posibly your fuel injection pump is bad . Now this is a poibilyty cause that's a most of the time couse for problem like that in Desel engines . So check it out . Good luck .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input mate but the TD5 doesn't run a diesel pump it has a common rail injection system that is pressurised to approx 50lb PSI and it relies on the injector being pressurised by a rocker from the camshaft which creates a pressure of about approx 15,000 lbs PSI. The injector is triggered electronicaly by the ECU.

I have also changed the accelerator pedal thinking the problem was with that but the problem still remains.

But thanks for your input anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.