Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hey does any one clean thier rovers? Or do you keep the mud on? I found and use ardex express wax and when realy dirty,befor I wax I use preformance glaze by ardex, it takes all the bilt in grime off,then I just rub on the ardex express wax and wipe it looks fantasic. you will be done in 1 hour.
(Keep Those Rovers Clean)

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
I am awaiting for an acquaintance from another site to come on over and post his AWESOME detailing FAQ.. hopefully he will do it soon...

Serg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keeping it Clean

I have tried lots of different things to keep my Landy Showroom Shiny, but have found that the most effective thing is my 13 year old son, a hosepipe, a bottle of coloured wax and a five pound note strategically dangled in front of said son's nose the afternoon of the day he wants to go to the pictures with his mates. It works a treat and keep my hands looking as soft and tender as ever and I never break a nail!
Failing that, the next door neighbour's kids are quite good, but they charge more! :bgreen:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Err, wash? what's that then. A Land Rover is to be used not posed. Keep the windows, mirrors and lights clean, otherwise wait for rain.

·
Registered
321 Posts
LandroverLady said:
a five pound note :bgreen:
LOL.. i'm so dense.. had to read that couple of times and in my head was thinking... damn that's 1 heavy peice of paper, where the hell did she get a post it note that heavy and why would someone make a peice of paper heavy.. then.. the light went on and figured you're from the UK...
sam

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yep Alan,

I agree, I wash my LR's by driving through a mud hole. I find that with time this tried and true practice often eliminates those pesky oil leaks.

Actually if you have a big enough mud hole it can actually stop water from inflitrating the cabin.

All in all its inexpensive, covers well and you can repeat as many times as you wish. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
dent said:
damn that's 1 heavy peice of paper, where the hell did she get a post it note that heavy and why would someone make a peice of paper heavy.. then.. the light went on and figured you're from the UK...
sam

Hahaha I laughed out loud and nearly spat my tea on the Computer Screen! Lucky I'm such a lady. eh?

I have now discovered 'back to black' which is a super spray which puts a lovely waxy shine on all black surfaces interior and exterior. It brings things up like new. Highly recommended, I have tried a couple of types and the cheap ones work just as well as the expensive ones.
Also discovered coloured turtle wax which really adds an extra shine.
I don't believe Landies shouldn't be clean, I love mine to shine and get comments daily about it's condition.

Does anyone have any suggestions for interior matt surfaces? Mine is a creamy/fawn colour and a bit worn with some ground in grubbiness. I've tried everything from car cleaning sprays to kitchen/bath cleaner, bleach and a scrubbing brush - but still that grime is ground in. Any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Keep it clean

I dont like using "back to black" I find it too slimy! as its a silicone.
Have you tried armor all? they do either a glossy or matt finish. I use both for inside and out on my LSE. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
The biggest problem I find with keeping my range rover clean is mud getting stuck up in hard to reach places. When i return from a trail I spend hours spraying the hose into every crevase i can find on the truck, getting myself soaked in the process. The next time I go to work under the truck i find large clumps of dried earth everywhere. One thing I've found that really takes all the work out of cleaning the underside of the truck is to fill a spray bottle with baby oil and spray everything under the truck, really go at it at and get it everywhere under the truck and any foreign matter like mud or sand falls right off without sticking. Plus it protects metal surfaces from rust. I learned this trick from the back of a 4 wheeler magazine. They may not have much on rovers in there but they sure do have a lot of good tech advice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Start out clean

There's nothing wrong with showing up at a ride with a super clean Rover, wearing a starched cotton shirt, nice Levi's, and a wool felt fedora with a nice pair of shades, as long as you and your Rover are both wearing the same mud and dirt when you leave. That way you look impressive with that Jeep at the end of your towrope. :drive:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don said:
:confused: Hey does any one clean thier rovers? Or do you keep the mud on? I found and use ardex express wax and when realy dirty,befor I wax I use preformance glaze by ardex, it takes all the bilt in grime off,then I just rub on the ardex express wax and wipe it looks fantasic. you will be done in 1 hour.
(Keep Those Rovers Clean)
Land rovers: the only vehicles in the world that look good covered in crap

·
rovering??
689 Posts
Special Vehicle Concepts said:
Land rovers: the only vehicles in the world that look good covered in crap
first of all it aint crap.. its mud.. and some dust ... and a few other things ..

·
4,576 Posts
1st rover said:
first of all it aint crap.. its mud.. and some dust ... and a few other things ..
It could be crap if you found an opening large enough to allow your truck to enter the sewers!..lol

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
I heard from a Heeper that it helps if you spray the undercarriage, wheel wells, etc, with Pam before you go mud-wheelin'. Helps it come off & not harden up into clay. Fact? Or fiction?

·
2,986 Posts
I've heard the same thing SCSL.. have yet to try it tho, maybe i'll do a test in a week or so.

As for washing the truck.. It's rare that its shiny and clean.. but it's an absolute must that I get all the mud off of it after I wheel. I spend hours under it with a power-washer so it doesn't rust up.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
hehe....lucky here.....

though I still rush before it cakes on, because I live in a desert, even the thickest mud dries in a day. No rust to worry about in NV.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I use meguiers to keep it clean...The junk from the trail comes off pretty easy..Plus it looks great after it's all washed up!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts