Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had to remove the facia panel over the center consul and to do so required the gear selector knobs and covers to be removed.
I remember when twisting off the range selector knob that I heard a snap.
When the cover was off I noticed a small multi plug laying in this general area that did no appear to be connect to anything.
I completed the work I had started ( installing an LR flip-down DVD player) and forgot all about the snap and the rogue plug.
However, this morning while driving into work I found that the cruise control was not working. Could this be linked to the rogue plug, i.e could have it been connected to the gear range selector in some way?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry,
It's a 2004 TD5 HSE manual gearbox.

To remove the center consul I first had to remove both gearsticks and there leather covers then the wooden facia panel to expose the consul fixing screws.

Hope this makes better sense.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops

Well I decided to go over all the electrical connections that were made during the installation of the flip down DVD player, but I could'nt find anything wrong.
As I drove it out of my garage pee'd off knowing I still did'nt have the cruise control sorted, I noticed the brake lights stuck on.
That was it; I must of dislodged the brake sensor switch when I was making connections under the steering wheel. So I pushed the sensor back into position and back came the cruise control. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.