Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Good People,

I went to the car at -5 degrees outside, she started right up but I had no driver gauge lights. The radio and heater control lights came on. After driving a few miles make a stop, I returned to the car and this time the gauge lights came on just fine. This has happened several times this week.

[Q] What should I be looking for that might be the culprit of this?
Never happened during the rainy Autumn. Gremlins?
I would like to get a handle on this but need your help.

T.I.A.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
My 2000 d2 does the same thing when very cold out. No turn signals as well!

We have had temperatures in the mornings at minus 20 to minus 25 Celsius the last couple weeks in southern Ontario with wind chill numbers of minus 30 to minus 38
The colder it is the longer it lasts but usually clears up after aprox. 5 minutes of driving.
Has not set any codes in any module.
I am attributing it to just being a circuit issue due to the cold? Did the same a couple mornings last winter and no other problems...

· Registered
6 Posts
I was wondering if other users had a similar issue. The first time it happened (last winter) I went through the fuses but then it turned on after a few minutes. And it only happens when temps drop below 10 deg F outside.

I get the turn signals to work if i depress the switch (left or right) and pull the level toward you as you would when flashing the high beam. More often than not it completes the circuit and the signal works.

No codes either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.