1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
I hate to say it but land rover has passed the point of no return. I will never buy a
new rover, just hope there will still be a parts resource for the D1's and RRC's, D90/110, Series I-II Etc...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Blame a bunny-hugger, not LR. Ford says all 50 states, or no diesels. They're not going to get into an EPA pissing match for a small audience. If there were acceptance in all 50 states, Ford will put diesel engines into mainstream. Talk to your politicians.

·
Registered
229 Posts
frickjp said:
Blame a bunny-hugger, not LR. Ford says all 50 states, or no diesels. They're not going to get into an EPA pissing match for a small audience. If there were acceptance in all 50 states, Ford will put diesel engines into mainstream. Talk to your politicians.

What do ya have against huggin bunny's

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jeep? Diesel? Your kidding right?-----They only pretend to offer a diesel in their line. Have you been to a dealer to check availability? I went to a Jeep Dealer about 40 miles from my place because they were a much larger dealer than the local one and have a pretty high sales volume. Last year they were only allowed to have two (thats 2) to sell. They got one in early summer and were not going to receive their other one till the fall, which I suspect would have been the next model year.

Jeeps marketing of a diesel is simply a political ploy, not a real effort. I wonder about the design too as it is in the Liberty, which is fairly small, about Freelander size and it is only projected to get about 32 miles per gallon. (Imperial gallon)

Politicians and or Automotive executives in the US of A do not want us to convert from gasoline burning vehicles. Did you notice that diesel fuel is now more expensive than gasoline, it used to be about half the price because it is cheaper to make.

Do you notice that every country in the world that has Land Rovers, have diesel Land Rovers, except North America. That isn't a descision by anyone but top level automotive executives on this side of the pond telling us what we want and making sure we can't have anything but what they dictate.

Greg S

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My understanding is I can go to the dealership and order a Wrangler or Liberty any way I want within reason of course. But if there is an option for a diesel I can order one.

It might take a year to be delivered but I can order it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Greg S said:
Jeep? Diesel? Your kidding right?-----They only pretend to offer a diesel in their line. Have you been to a dealer to check availability? I went to a Jeep Dealer about 40 miles from my place because they were a much larger dealer than the local one and have a pretty high sales volume. Last year they were only allowed to have two (thats 2) to sell. They got one in early summer and were not going to receive their other one till the fall, which I suspect would have been the next model year.

Jeeps marketing of a diesel is simply a political ploy, not a real effort. I wonder about the design too as it is in the Liberty, which is fairly small, about Freelander size and it is only projected to get about 32 miles per gallon. (Imperial gallon)

Politicians and or Automotive executives in the US of A do not want us to convert from gasoline burning vehicles. Did you notice that diesel fuel is now more expensive than gasoline, it used to be about half the price because it is cheaper to make.

Do you notice that every country in the world that has Land Rovers, have diesel Land Rovers, except North America. That isn't a descision by anyone but top level automotive executives on this side of the pond telling us what we want and making sure we can't have anything but what they dictate.

Greg S

I was at a jeep dealer looking over the new Commander and was not impressed ,I inquired about a diesel option and was told in about a year for
the commander, I asked about the rubicon and the guy had the biggest smile
on his face ( encouraging ) , there were two Diesel liberty's on the lot for sale
Not my imagination.

I bought my truck new from Land rover 11 years ago and had repeatedly
asked about purchasing a Diesel L / R , the following reason was given from
dealer, LRNA HDQTRS , The DEP/EPA will not allow the import of diesel L/R's
because of emmisions issues.

They are so full of ****, when Volkswagen,Mercedes,Puegot , Etc... can import
a diesel with no problem.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
DISCO INCUBUS said:
A trail rated Diesel rubicon would be real tempting ?
I kind of agree with you on that one....... :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.