Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've got a 97 Discovery 1 with the 5spd. It has an intermittent starting issue that is driving me crazy! and no codes runs great (if it starts) After reading countless posts i'm not sure where to go from here. It will start 90% of the time when cold. Once i shut it off it will not restart.. I noticed the CEL does not come on when it wont start. won't link with my scanner So i followed some of the posts i had read. I cleaned all the grounds i could find. The ECU had some pine needles and gunk around it so i pulled it out and took a look inside looks dry and clean inside. cleaned all the contact points and put a little dielectric grease on the pins. While i was there i cleaned all the plugs around it as well. Nothing changed.. could the ECU be the issue or would you guys suspect the wiring/plugs? One fellow on here had the same issue and it was his Multi Function relay. So i'm not sure what direction to go Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.