Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
honybears said:
The fall chill has arrived and I am trying to get the heater working. Turned both temp controls to the red zone and not much temp change. Anybody have a direction to take?
Have you checked the coolant level? Just Curious what it is at. Uhmmm, no heat heater core maybe? Is the floor wet on the passenger side by chance?

The switch might be broke too. It can be fixed by popping open the glove box, and pulling it down (remove the springs) and stick your hand in there to the left to feel the control panel buttons.

I emailed you back too. Good Luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Heat 94 Disco

The engine temp is right in the middle. However I am getting a clicking noise, like a sloenoid sound, in the glove box area, actually a very rapid clicking and it seems as though the engine fans are kicking on and off. Also under the hood the there appears to be a vacuum operated gate valve joining the two water hoses coming from the fire wall. I don't know if it's opening properly to allow water flow. Also, I was going to use a Prestone flush kit but I don't know whether to cut the hose before or after that valve. Any help is greatly appreciated. :rellye

·
Registered
777 Posts
honybears said:
The engine temp is right in the middle. However I am getting a clicking noise, like a sloenoid sound, in the glove box area, actually a very rapid clicking and it seems as though the engine fans are kicking on and off. Also under the hood the there appears to be a vacuum operated gate valve joining the two water hoses coming from the fire wall. I don't know if it's opening properly to allow water flow. Also, I was going to use a Prestone flush kit but I don't know whether to cut the hose before or after that valve. Any help is greatly appreciated. :rellye
John what is your coolant level? Without a pic it is hard to tell, when you say fire wall I assume that means passenger side?

I mailed your CD yesterday you should have it by Monday. I might wait to cut anything until you have the manual to view exactly what it is your cutting. When you receive the CD, please remember that you have the 3.9L not the 4.0L. The engine set-up was a bit different for years 94-95 and 96-99 D1.

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
RoverChic said:
John what is your coolant level? Without a pic it is hard to tell, when you say fire wall I assume that means passenger side?

I mailed your CD yesterday you should have it by Monday. I might wait to cut anything until you have the manual to view exactly what it is your cutting. When you receive the CD, please remember that you have the 3.9L not the 4.0L. The engine set-up was a bit different for years 94-95 and 96-99 D1.

Hey RoverChic,

What does it take to get a hold of one of these CD's...I have a 94 as well and had a machanic manual at one time that got ruined when my back sunroof leaked and it was in the back seat...I would really like a CD as well.

Send me a message and let me know...I am in Dallas not to far from OK.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discrover said:
Hey RoverChic,

What does it take to get a hold of one of these CD's...I have a 94 as well and had a machanic manual at one time that got ruined when my back sunroof leaked and it was in the back seat...I would really like a CD as well.

Send me a message and let me know...I am in Dallas not to far from OK.
181 miles to be exact. PayPal me 2.00 for postage and I will put one in the mail today. roverengineer(at)ou.edu

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
RoverChic said:
181 miles to be exact. PayPal me 2.00 for postage and I will put one in the mail today. roverengineer(at)ou.edu

HEY ROVERCHIC,

I got the CD...everything works great and dropped you off a little something via PayPal for shipping as promised...thanks a million. :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.