Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I regret to inform you all that I no longer have my beloved LR3. I sold it 3 weeks ago after a 3 year love-hate relationship...

I must say that even though it cost me a lot of frustration and some big money in repairs it was the best all around SUV that I have driven and I will miss it dearly. It drove like a champ, maneuvered like a Mini and carried the family on 2 trips to Florida without a single incident (LOL).

I wish I could afford a new one (both in payments and gas money!!!) but they were asking for close to twice what I pay now for my brand new Audi Q5....I know, I know...no comparison but could not bring myself to getting another used LR3.

I will try to keep in touch with the Forum...who knows, perhaps the next Loto Max millions may be coming my way and I will be driving a new LR3 again!

Keep well!:cool:

· Registered
210 Posts
for the cost of a new Audi Q5 you could have gotten a nice used low milage and probably certified LR4. Did you look into that option?

1,855 Posts
Sometimes is good to have a break and test something else out. You can always go back to an LR.
Dave

· Registered
356 Posts
yeah, good luck with that Audi.
unfortunately if you were to ask me what the only make that is worst in reliability than a rover the answer would be VW..

I plenty of real world experience with the VW/Audi brand. Be prepared to unload around 60k

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not want the used option again sorry...I did have extended warranty on the LR3 but still cost me about 4-5K in repairs `not covered` as per the dealer.

The Q5 is actually my third Audi, wife drives a 2007 A4 which has been bullet-proof since I bought it 6 year ago...and the 1st one gave us 4 years without any problem. Its not 1995 anymore...

Don't get me wrong I would have loved to get into a new LR4 but the math simply is not working out. Remember, I am in Canada and over here LR wants my fist born as payment.

· Registered
210 Posts
We have had great luck with Audi's all the way back to early 2000's. Put over 100k on them no problem with never any real issues. I think they are similar to Rover in that mid 2000's on they REALLY came a long way with reliability. Good luck with the Q5 i'm sure it will be a nice vehicle for you.

· Registered
356 Posts
that's awesome you have had such good luck. Audi must ship all their lemons here to ohio ;)
love the look and feel, but man everyone i know has the worst luck with them.
buddy of mine just had engine failure at 59k good thing it happened under 60 or he would have been screwed. his previous one lasted about the same before he gave up on it.
i'm 100% sure that when the extended warranty is up on this new motor he will unload and buy another ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.