Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so im having a headache here. 2004 Disco 2 hse died while I was driving a few weeks ago. Had to have it towed home. Changed the fuel pump. Not it. Change the Crank sensor. Not it. pulled the fuel pump again. still not it. put a code reader on it and got 1668, which is the immobilized alarm thing. Pulled the mass airflow sensor, works fine. hit it with starting fluid starts up fine with that but dies moments later. checked codes again, got mass air sensor codes since we had it unplugged. We are getting crank and fuel. I dont know what to do about the 1668?

sorry for the mess of a post im really confused about what to do here. Sorry if ive left any helpful info out ill fill it in asap if needed.:nerd

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Besides the 1668
You say you have "crank and fuel" . Silly question to start but did you check the inertia switch on the passenger firewall?
Fuel pressure and fuel control /injector activation are entirely different things.
If you can fire it on "starting fluid" you are not getting fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pressed the inertia switch. no start. I called the local land rover shop a few minutes ago and explained to him what all ive been doing and he said hmmm. and asked me to bring it in. stumped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.