Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's another issue. 140k miles, decent maintenance schedule, ton of new sensors, plugs, wires.

For the last few weeks, once in awhile I'll get in in the morning and the clock and radio had reset itself. Thought nothing of it. I go to get in a few days ago, and the doors unlocked fine. Put the key in, lights turn on, try to crank and nothing happens. dash lights go out completely, and it won't turn over. The door locks wouldn't engage through the fob either. I left her, and drove the Subaru. I come back later that evening after work and she fires up with no issues.

This morning I go to drive her again, and she fires up fine. It was a little chilly so I let her warm up. I shift into drive and she stalks out. Not really choking, just stopped running. Restart, put her in drive again, same thing happens. I was able to get her going by gasing while shifting to drive.

Any ideas? I thought to check the main negative ground after the no start so that's ruled out.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Battery/alternator/battery cables.

Inspect all and report back.

Be aware that DIIs are notorious for poor connections at the battery due to the clamp design. If this is the problem, you can remove material from between the mating faces allowing the bolt to draw it tighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.