Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Purchased a 2003 disco with 77000 miles. Ran find for a few weeks. Recent trip from las vegas, it drove for about 150 miles and went dead. Sat for 2hrs with engine turning over but no ignition. After 2 hrs ran for about 1 hr then dead. Sat for two ran for 1. Sat for two ran for 1/2. Sat for 2 ran for 15. Now sits for two runs about 5 min and dies. Went into 3rd gear limpmode.

Ran codes at initial dead... Got a p1562 and p1884. When I got home replaced battery with new. Checked alternator gettin 13 v output.

Now when it starts I get no codes just dies. Is not misfiring and not over heating before it dies. When its idling it is smooth as silk. When it does start it starts on initial key turn. No hesitation before it dies just like you are turning off key...

Any ideas?? Appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You need a CPS and then you need to verify your idle voltage/charge with a/c, head lights and radio on. You must have 13.6 to 14.4 volts or you will need an alternator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Ok it appears it was the cps! Thanks for the help.

My question now is even when it ran for a few minutes why wasnt it throwing a cps code?

Next question, what is the oem cps part? There was a bosch sensor in it that went bad...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Bosch is oem I believe, autozone's dura last ckps sensor is a Bosch with a lifetime warranty! I got two, one for my field repair kit, and then when one goes I can just swap it and return it for a brand new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts