Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 03 Disco Series 2 S. I noticed when traveling on the highway that a high pitch noise was coming from the dash. It is definitely in conjunction with the gas pedal. When I lift my foot off the gas the noise stops. It’s not a loud sound, just a quiet consistent high pitch.

O.B suggested:
You may be hearing transfer case gear whine; if so that's normal if it's not loud. It would be prudent to check the transfer case oil level though. --OB

--M25
The Disco just went through its scheduled tune up. I’m not sure how to check the level. I’m not a mechanic by any means.

So I brought it in and told them of the noise. After telling me, “they can’t drive the vehicle that fast because it illegal”, they took a look and they think it might be the windshield. He said he saw some bubbles and they want to fix it. I’m not sure it’s the windshield because it changes pitch when I move the pedal up and down. It sounds electrical to me. It only happens between 70-80 MPH.

I understand that Land Rovers make noises and it’s not some sports car that is super quiet. So do I have them fix the windshield or cancel and quit my bitching and live with the noise?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks people.

BTY this website is awesome!

·
Banned
527 Posts
Dont ever quit complaining about something on your Disco if you are not happy and it is under warranty. No Way!

·
Super Moderator
743 Posts
The high pitched whining noise you are referring too sounds very much like the infamous drive train noise. I brought mine into the shop on three different occasions. Same results everytime. "this is completely normal for this vehicle".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.