Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started hearing some noise from the driver's side rear wheel area like a rock or nail was stuck in the tire. click, click, click with each revolution. Pulled over and didn't find anything. After 50 miles the sound kept getting louder. CLICK, CLICK, CLICK Wife said she was feeling a vibration on her passenger side. Any thoughts? Ideas? Aliens? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
My only advise is, never question your wife, if she feels something and you don't stop and fix it, you will never hear the end of it.
Mike J.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, the noise I was hearing was not a loose brake pad. It happened to be gears of the differential clanging around inside the case! I have come to learn that this is not such an isolated occurence. In fact, one of the broken teeth popped through the rear case and the oil was leaking out. Good thing I decided to put the LR on a truck and take it to the shop. I think the whole thing was just about ready to go!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sorry to hear that, are you looking new or going for a used Diff. housing? There are alot of places on the web to find a great deal in a used diff.
Let us know how it goes.
Mike J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.