Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trip coming up this weekend (22-24) and I need a rear recovery point. I want a receiver shackle set up like they have for sale on EE and Red Rhino but I do not have time to order it. Is a receiver that will fit a shackle available at a main stream place like Wally World?? or an auto parts store?? I can get the shackles at ACE hardware if needed, but I need the rear receiver.

Also, can I get a good recovery strap at a main stream store too? If so, which one?

Thanks

· Premium Member
1,097 Posts
yes i know for a fact that you can get a reciever at wally world for a shackle. an even better place to look is a place called tractor supply. if there is one of those in your town, they will have everything you need. good luck on your trip, where are you going?

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Yes, try looking at Tractor Supply Company if you have one, but it might be a southern thing. They carry warn winches, heavy duty D shackles, and also the same warn hitch mounted D shackle recovery point that is in Rovers North for 20 dollars cheaper! Some Wal marts also carry a hitch mounted hook as a recovery point, but that must depend on the area. I haven't seen any in Louisville stores, but U.P. Michigan you can find them. They are out there. Have a great trip, get some good pics!

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
My three stores here in the NE,

Pep Boys, got em.

R & S Strauss, nah.

AutoZone, maybe.

Surprise! Walmart has a few. Look in the auto section.

Can't count.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.