Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS there anyone from Eastern Carolina, Raleigh or East? I am in Goldsboro and looking to find where there is any off roading? I see muddy pickups around here and even a few jeep wranglers but most of them went out to do doughnuts in a field somewhere??? :lol: Let me KNow if you are near and know of where to go even a trail ride, its better then going through someones tobacco field and getting shot. HAHA :drive:

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool. I go to Wilmington for my services. My mom actually lives in Jacksonville and my wife and I go out there at least one weekend a month.
I'll have to try to get up with you sometimeto check it out.

· Registered
184 Posts
I live on the border between North and South Carolina in a town called Gaffney. I am new to offroading and haven't joined any clubs yet so I have also been looking for some people to offraod with. Some of my friends and I are planning a day trip to Uwharrie National Forest next Thrusday. It is about a 2hr drive for me by Expedia. com. There will be about five trucks right now mine will be the only Rover in the bunch. If ya'll are free next Thrusday and would like to go send me an e mail at [email protected].

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have to work next Thursday. I wish I could go. I am new to the off roading scene as well but I do want to get the experience. Keep me posted on any trips that you may be planning. I am between Raleigh and the coast, about dead center of the two.

· Registered
528 Posts
scott,i live in southeast charlotte nc, abuot 5 minutes from the SC boarder, i don't have anything plannedfor next thursday, but my mom is pretty wearry about me going off-roadin', probobly b/c rovers are so expensive to fix. i have a 95 disco with the OME 2" lift, maybe 3"? not sure, and 33" interco trxus tires. I think the suspension and engine and tranny can handle it, but i dont know the toughness of rover axles, if anyone has any info on them lemme know. IM me at "mattweeden" on AIM, i'm usually online. As long as it's not too hardcore i might be able to convince my mom to let me go. cheers.

- AppStateDisco

· Richard
87 Posts
hotbigbtymama said:
I am in Wilmington too! Gotta love the beach! We do the North End of Carolina beach regularly!! :drive:
Same here, nothing like sitting back with the tunes playing and ice cold beer on the North End. Jammer, can you send me some info on the local trails. Moved here about a year and half ago and would like to find some.

· Registered
294 Posts
I have a place in raleigh (spend time between here nyc/florida/the rockies) we have some very capable rigs around the area and a lot of them hit up uwharrie pretty often.

if you are free, try to make it out to mortimer at the end of this month. should have a fair representation of rovers there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.